You Just Clicked On a Dangerous Link… What Now?
✅ Stay calm.
✅ Listen very carefully.
Malicious links are designed to:
Collect your personal data
Install malware onto your device without YOU knowing
If you’ve just clicked on one of these links, follow these steps:
- Disconnect Your device from the internet – this helps stop the spread of a virus to other devices
- If this is a computer, scan your system for malware using your installed antivirus software
- Change your passwords, especially any you may have entered into a fake web form.
- Setup fraud alerts with the credit bureaus and put your credit ON HOLD with all 3 of them
- Forward the phishing email to the Anti-phishing workgroup at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If this was helpful, follow me on LinkedIn for more helpful cybersecurity tips.