Here’s something I think needs to die in 2022… Smart speakers!
How many of you have Alexa, Google, or Siri in your home?
Probably a lot of you…
Now, these smart speakers were built with convenience, not security in mind.
And putting these on your home network could literally be like inviting a criminal right through your front door.
But since these things aren’t going anywhere, here are five ways you can be more secure using your smart speakers.
- Set up a secondary wireless network on your home router and use it only for home automation devices. This keeps it separate from your computer and your phone number.
- Turn off purchasing commands. I mean, do you really need that convenience anyway?
- Enable voice recognition so the speaker only responds to your voice.
- Delete your records. Alexa, delete what I said today.
- Don’t connect security devices like door locks or alarms.
Follow me on LinkedIn for more helpful cybersecurity tips.